We understand that rules and terms and conditions are not a fun part of planning holidays – however please remember that all this guidance has been written for the benefit of all of our guests so please for the safety of everyone in your party, do take the time to read through all the information provided here.
We ask our guests to sign a disclaimer before using the pool and sauna – this can be done when you get here but we know that sometimes when guests arrive they have had long journeys or been stuck in traffic and just want to unwind so to make things easier and save time, why not read the rules now and send your disclaimer in to us prior to your arrival.
Swimming Pool – Rules for Use
- The pool is open between the hours of 9am and 8pm (approx) daily
- CCTV is installed in the pool area (not changing rooms) for safety and security reasons – it is not used for constant surveillance
- Please be aware this pool water is treated with chlorine which can be a skin irritant. If you have any queries about this or any products use in the testing and cleaning of the pool let us know and we will be happy to advise
- Poolside supervision is not carried out by the owners and children under the age of 16 years may not use the pool unless accompanied by an adult (over 18 years of age) who must be a competent swimmer – max ratio: two children per adult
- Persons using the swimming pool do so at their own risk and the owners are not liable for the loss of or damage to any of their possessions or belongings or for any act of negligence or personal injury however caused – please exercise extreme care at all times
- Guests should be aware that the pool is up to 4 feet deep
Terms & Conditions of Use
- All guests using the pool and changing facilities are expected to abide by the terms & conditions and rules of use. The owners reserve the right to deny access to the pool facilities to any guest who is deemed by management to have failed to comply
- The pool facilities are for the sole use of guests staying at Stonelands Farmyard Cottages
- Entry to the pool is with a key code – it should not be used by anyone under the age of 16yrs of age
- The code will be issued to guests upon arrival following the signing of a disclaimer to indicate that they have read, understood and agreed to abide by the terms & conditions, rules and emergency procedures
- For safety and security reasons guests must not admit persons outside of their group to the pool at any time
- Pool may be closed for essential maintenance work when necessary
- Any damage must be reported to owners immediately – a charge may be made for any breakages/ damage incurred
Pool Rules | please remember pools can be hazardous – water presents a risk of drowning and injuries can occur from hitting the hard surrounds or from misuse of equipment.
- diving, somersault entries, bombing and jumping in are not permitted in any part of the pool – for your own safety please do not run in the pool area
- no ball games, masks, snorkels or flippers please – small inflatable toys may be used when designed for use in water – please remember these are not designed as water aids/ life saving devices
- there is a lifebelt and pole provided for use in case of emergency only and these must not be used as swimming aids or toys. If an item is used, it must be replaced immediately afterward and any defects or damage notified to the owners at once
- there is a telephone for contacting the owners situated by the door leading to the pool area. This is within reach of children who should not be permitted to touch it – except, of course, in an emergency
- guests should exercise due care and avoid causing an unreasonable level of noise or discomfort or disturbance to other users
- smoking is not permitted in the pool area
- alcohol is not permitted in the pool area- please do not take any glass or breakables in to the pool area. Please for your own safety do not swim after consuming any alcohol or following a heavy meal
- we strongly recommend that you do not use the pool on your own – always be accompanied. If swimming alone please ensure a member of your party/ family is aware of your intentions
- be especially careful if you have a medical condition such as epilepsy, asthma, diabetes or heart problems
- any person with a disability – please ensure there are sufficient helpers available to provide support and assistance for that person
- please do not use the pool if you are sick or have an open wound
- do not allow children wearing diapers to use the pool unless they are wearing swim diapers
- do not swallow pool water
- no jewellery to be worn
- avoid holding your breath and swimming long distances under water
- the pool must never be in use when the pool cover is in place (over the water)
- please do not touch the pool cover
A first aid box is situated in the pool area – please inform the owners immediately of any accidents and any equipment used from first aid supplies.
If you see someone in difficulty, dial 999 from the telephone provided and call for help. In an emergency keep calm and do exactly as you are told.
In the Interest of Hygiene
- please shower before and after using the pool
- infants must wear aqua nappies
Thank you and we hope you enjoy your swim safely!
Sauna – Rules for Use – Please note that regrettably, the sauna is closed at this time
Please also read the Sauna Users Guide (displayed by entry to sauna)
- Children ages five and under are not permitted in the sauna
- Children between the ages of 6 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult in the sauna at all times
- Allow yourself at least five minutes after exercising to cool down before entering the sauna – shower before entering the sauna
- Pregnant women and persons suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure, circulatory or respiratory problems, seizures or epilepsy should not enter the sauna without prior medical consultation
- Do not use the sauna while under the influence of any type of alcohol, drugs, anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictor, vasodilators, stimulants, hypnotics, narcotics or tranquilizers
- Clean swim attire must be worn and participants are required to bring a towel to sit on when using the sauna
- Remove all metal jewellery prior to entering the sauna
- The surface of the rocks, heater and surrounding area can be extremely hot – exercise caution and do not touch
- Prolonged use of the sauna not recommended due to fatiguing effects – limit yourself to a maximum of 15 mins
- Do not smoke, exercise, eat or drink beverages in the sauna room
- Leave the sauna immediately if you experience any nausea, dizziness, hot flashes, cold chills, headaches or other discomfort
- Drink plenty of fluids before and after leaving the sauna
- This sauna is a dry sauna – please do not pour water or oils on the electric coals
- Do not use the sauna to dry clothes, swimsuits or towels or place materials near the heater or guard fence
- Newspapers, magazines or other reading materials are prohibited
- After using the sauna, participants must shower prior to entering the pool
If repair or assistance is needed, please use the Reception phone to contact the Owners immediately
There is a first aid box situated in the pool area – please inform the owners immediately of any accidents and any equipment used from the first aid supplies.
Dial 999 from the Reception telephone and call for help – in an emergency keep calm and do exactly as you are told.
Please read the following carefully before signing & submitting the disclaimer. We are following Guidance from Swim England on how to operate as safely as possible.
Additional safety measures re covid-19
Our pool is currently open but please be aware that this may be subject to immediate change as new government guidance/ restrictions are announced and we reserve the right to update this policy as appropriate in keeping with government guidance. The pool will remain closed on Mondays and Fridays for cleaning and disinfecting.
Regrettably the sauna and changing rooms/ toilets are closed at this time and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Guests are kindly asked to maintain social distancing from other guests/ parties wherever possible as some guests may prefer to take a cautious approach as we enter a new phase and reduce time spent in close contact with others. Thank you for your understanding.
Booking a swim
A swim slot of approx 1 hour may be booked by signing your name and cottage name in one of the time slots displayed on the schedule by the pool door. Please note that this timing is based on max occupancy when fully booked – this will be adjusted and time slots displayed as per no. of cottages occupied. A rota will be hung up in the evening enabling guests to book a slot for the following day – please note this will be completed on a first come first served basis. We ask guests to please book in at a different time each day when using the pool as a courtesy to other users. There will be a time slot for each cottage daily – only 1 slot daily may be booked by the guests of any property. One cottage per time slot only please though parties who have booked 2 or more properties during their stay may swim together if they wish.
Do not come to the pool if you are showing any symptoms of covid-19: temperature, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell
Bring any equipment with you such as armbands, floats or goggles and please take any such items with you upon departing the area.
Arrive beach ready to swim with your swimwear under your clothing. If possible, please shower in your property before using the pool.
Please do not arrive early for your session (to aid social distancing as other users depart the area.)
If you arrive late for your booked session, no matter what your arrival time is, you must vacate the area by the end time.
Please make use of the hand sanitising station (located by the pool entrance) before entering and upon leaving the pool area. There are cloths and disinfectant sprays by the entrance and in the pool area – for the safety of all, please use these to clean the door handles & the handrail in to the pool upon entering and before departing the area. Please use these to also disinfect any other areas touched before disposing of the cloths in the bin provided.